Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The easiest chocolate brownie ever

I love a good chocolate brownie! I had never found a recipe I could adapt to be dairy free that was right though. I finally stumbled on a few that I could modify and taste brilliant with non-dairy and with butter as well. The bonus of these brownies is that they whip up in 1 pot (less dishes yay!) in about 5 minutes flat.
They taste yummy on their own, or with added extras - I love adding chopped dark chocolate, craisins and walnuts to make Black Forest brownies - yum!!

Dairy Free Chocolate Brownies

3/4 cup coconut oil or dairy free spread
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3 eggs

optional - 
handful of chopped nuts - walnuts are great
chopped dark chocolate
craisins


Method -
Heat oven to 180. Melt coconut oil in a large pot with sugar and vanilla. Once melted add flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and the eggs last. Mix quickly with a whisk, then stir in any extras you are using. Pour into a lined tin and put in the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownie. Dust with icing sugar to serve.

1 comment: